About the Friends of the Southbury Public Library, Inc.:
We are a non-profit, voluntary, incorporated organization.
To foster close relations between the Southbury Public Library and the community and to encourage the full use of the library. We provide supplementary programs, services, and equipment in order to increase effectiveness and scope of the Southbury Public Library.
We regularly meet the third Thursday of every month from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM in the conference room on the first floor of the Southbury Public Library.
What We Do
- The Friends purchase museum passes for patron use.
- The Friends fund children, teen, and adult programs.
- The Friends provide coffee for a nominal fee. A self-service dispenser is under the stairs as you enter the library.
- The Friends host an annual book sale in April. The Friends accepts your donations of gently used books, videos, CDs, etc.
- The Friends support the Library Music Series.
- The Friends give a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Southbury each May.
- The Friends offer umbrella bags for rainy days.
- The Friends purchased a flat screen television for the library.
If you would like to attend a meeting, call President
Jeffrey O’Sullivan at 203-262-8134
For information on our annual book sale please contact
Christine Tolley at: 203-262-6855
We can also be reached by e-mail at:email@example.com
If you would like to join the Friends of the Southbury Public Library click here to download an application.
A special thank you from The Friends of the Southbury Public Library, Inc.
Our spring book sale was a great achievement; the $38,000 we raised goes a long way to fund the annual budget if $39,000 in support that we provide to the Southbury Library for programs and activities.
We wish to thank the following breakroom sponsors that donated food to feed the 100 volunteers that made the four day sale possible:
- The Bakery
- Oriental Gourmet
- Southford Pizza
- Señor Pancho’s
When you visit, please thank these fine Southbury businesses for their support of the Friends of the Southbury Public Library.
Thank you, Southbury Printing, for the professional guidance you provided for our street banner and street signs.
And a great thanks to the library staff, the Library Board, and the Town of Southbury for their ongoing and substantial support. Thank you donors from Southbury and our surrounding communities for your generous donations of books and media.
Finally, a thank you to the 2,500 shoppers that attended the sale and made it a great success. Please visit again and shop our 1/2 price sale!