Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:30am-5:30pm,  Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30am-9pm, Saturday: 9:30am-4pm, Sunday: 12pm-5pm

Lu Burke Literary Series: Marilyn Nelson 

Monday, April 24th at 7pm in Kingsley

Marilyn Nelson, a three-time finalist for the National Book Award, is one of America’s most celebrated poets. She is the author or translator of seventeen poetry books for adults and children and five chapbooks.
marilyn nelson


Peter Fletcher, Classical Guitar

Thursday, May 4 from 6-7:30pm in Kingsley

Listen to the masterful work of Carnegie Hall performing musician Peter Fletcher as he plays a 70 min. classical guitar set, later staying to greet guests and chat.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Southbury Public Library.

Peter fletcher photo 1

Valley Shakespeare Festival Presents: The Comedy of  Errors 

Friday,  May 5  at 6:30pm in Kingsley

In this farce, a man and his servant arrive in a town, unaware that each has an identical twin already living there.  The mix-up causes upset wives, upset creditors and a one of the funniest evenings you will spend at the library!  Sponsored by the Library Board of Directors Gift Fund. 

Comedy of Errors Logo





calendar icon 1




Click the Bibliomation icon to search Southbury Public Library’s catalog, or to search for materials in other libraries throughout Connecticut.